Friday, March 6, 2009

WIN! Pretty eco bags (yes, they do exist)

When the lovely people from Ecosilk bags sent me one of their bright and delightful bags I immediately took it on an outing to the shops and filled it with goodies… silly me, turns out it’s really a superhero cape…
Seriously though, I’ve long been a fan of reusable bags at the supermarket. We all know about the disastrous environmental impacts of plastic bags clogging up our oceans and choking poor marine life. But I have always found the “green” ones you get at said stores a tad annoying and not all that attractive to be honest (sorry bags). I don’t know about you but I often find mine strewn across the boot of my car, in a messy bundle near the laundry door or nicked by my hubbie to be filled with grubby garage items. And there have been quite a few blowouts on the seams of my Coles greenies…
Enter these groovy numbers. Made from 100 per cent recyclable nylon parachute silk they are designed to fit supermarket racks and are strong enough to easily hold 14kg. One of the best features is that you can fold them into nice neat little rectangles (or birds depending on your origami skills) and keep them in the pocket of your handbag. No more getting stuck at the checkout without your reusable bags and having to either purchase what’s available there (that’s how we ended up with our hideous South Sydney Ruby League version…) or be driven to an early grave by ecoguilt.

I am also loving them for the post office run, the dry cleaning run and any other bits and bobs runs.
Eco problem #100976 solved! Thank you Ecosilk bags. And because they really are super-lovely people at Ecosilk two lucky mum spacers can win a pack of three Ecosilk bags. All you have to do is leave a comment to be in the running to win. Competition ends Monday, 10pm AEDST. Be sure to leave at least your first name with your comment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely bags. Sam B.

Anonymous said...

Just what I need. I am always forgetting my reusuable bags.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to add some color to the boring job of food shopping.

Anonymous said...

practical and pretty

Anonymous said...

I like the way that this company is thinking, as the old wollies envirobags that are green clash with my handbag!

Anonymous said...

About time, I cheap alternative to the 'Woolies Bag'. There are a lot of designer ones out there, but what a price! I love simple but stylish look.

Anonymous said...

i could be a stylish bag lady at last

Anonymous said...

at last a bag to hold all the other bags and double up for some great imaginative play.
jo & Tao

Emma F said...

Thank you so much for choosing me as the winner! The bags are fantastic. I love the fabric and the colours are beatiful. My children love playing with them too which is a plus.
Thank you again
Emma F

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs