Friday, May 29, 2009

No-sew mini curtains

Our little girl's busiest "room" is her home corner. So many "babies" to cook and wash for. Recently she complained to me that her shelves looked a bit untidy and asked if I could possibly "knit" her some curtains.

We put together these easy-as-pie little numbers without so much as a single stitch one afternoon.

I simply cut a tea towel in half, folded the cut edge under twice and ironed it flat into a "hem". I then punched through eyelets every 5cm (or so) with a hammer. (Tip: pierce a small hole in the fabric first with a sharp knife or scissors to get the eyelet through).

To hang them I used hook and eyes and PVC coated wire. All the supplies were from Spotlight and the whole thing cost around $4. If you use a tea towel you already have it would cost under $1 to do this.

And she's right you know, it looks so much tidier and complete with some pretty little curtains for her crockery shelf. Hmmm, those books shelves stacked with puzzles and games look like they could use a little "tidy" too...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a great, easy idea to make play areas look neater. Carmel x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a great, easy idea to make play areas look neater. Carmel x

SquiggleMum said...

I LOVE this idea. I'm crafty, but not much of a sewer so this is perfect for me. My little girl has her own "kitchen" too, though yours is a little better stocked!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs