Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wake up and smell the... pomegranate

What do you look for in hair washing products?
Ideally I'd love something that had me stepping out of the shower with Angelina Jolie red-carpet hair. Failing that simple request I do expect my shampoo and conditioner to:
:: smell good (the bi-carb and vinegar is working for the kids but when I tried it I just came off smelling like a soggy salt and vinegar chip)
:: have an ingredients list that doesn't take an hour and a dictionary to read
:: does not contain sulphates or parabens
:: have wash and go-ability (ie. give my fine, limp hair a bit of oomph and shine without having to blowdry and add product)
:: oh yeah and make my hair feel clean (I'm always amazed at how many hair products leave a greasy residue)
It's been rather difficult to tick all the boxes but I think I've landed THE ONE.
It's called Organix Revitalizing Pomegranate Green Tea Shampoo and Conditioner and we're getting along like a house on fire.
The wash and go-ability has exceeded my expectations. Usually when I don't blowdry I'm forced to pull my mop into a ponytail mid-morning but this little concoction is seeing me through with a respectable down-do until bedtime.
The organic pomegranate and green tea extracts impress me but there are still
a few big words (guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride anyone?) and fragrance so it's not 100 per cent organic/natural. Props for the packaging though. The bottles are made from recycled materials, there's no petrochemicals and the labels use environmental inks.
I'm also pretty impressed with the price. You'll find them in Priceline for $15. And there's lots more flavours too. I think I'll give the cucumber yoghurt one a run next.
And I cannot finish without mentioning the smell. I don't usually like sweet, fruity scents but this one is winning me over. It's so good. It reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe a cocktail I had last time I was in Thailand.

0 comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs