Monday, November 2, 2009

a new road to travel...

The time has come for me to wave goodbye to this little blog. Sniff.
It's been coming for a while; I just had to let it really sink in before I carved the words in blog-stone.
There's a few contributing factors with a common denominator:
I'm freelancing more so time is getting tighter.
I'm starting a new creative writing course and a sewing course and will need to dedicate time to assignments and classes.
It's hit me that our girl has only one more year and a lil bit at home before she heads off to school so time with her is precious and I want to soak up every last little bit.
I want to get more things off my to-do list and onto my by-golly-I-did-it list so yep, I need to dig around and find time for that.
And I won't bore you with the rest (you know, the house to clean, the garden to tend to, the food to bake) but essentially time seems to be getting scarcer around here and some things have had to be reassessed. Ahem, my time spent on the 'puter being at the top of the list. I just simply don't have the time to maintain this blog at the level I would like to.
Whilst I have so, so, so much enjoyed writing this blog what I've loved most is the people I've met, the new friends I've made and the totally ace blogs I have discovered. I won't quit those, promise. In fact I might even be able to linger a bit longer and comment a bit more on some of my faves.
And while I should perhaps be quitting the blogosphere completely I've gone and done a bit of moonlighting over at tumblr and I'm liking it. A lot. I'm actually using it as a bit of an organisational tool. Well, that's what I'm telling myself (and my husband).
You can visit me if you like. I'm here. And I'm making a list of fun things to do with the littles here. And I'm collecting recipes I want to make here. And I'm listing and linking gift ideas for our family here. And one more... I'm collecting visual inspiration for our house here. Oh yes, it's list making gone crazy but I'm finding it's bringing a lot more order and purpose to my net-gazing.
But as I head into my new courses I've made a pact with myself to have two recreational internet (aka blog reading and posting) nights a week. Sheesh, I'm having withdrawals just thinking about it but my guess is I'll be so busy with everything else I won't even notice. 

So if you see me around a bit too much just don't tell my husband parole officer.
Sandra x

8 comments:

Ems said...

Oh Sandy, my sister-in-law and I are going to miss you soooo much in the blogsphere!!!!
Good luck with your courses.
Ems

admin said...

Noooooo - snif snif - will miss you!

SquiggleMum said...

What an inspiration you are. It's hard work being a blogger. What's even harder is knowing when to pull back, and when to prioritise your family over the other things in your life. God bless you as you seek out a new adventure. xx

alliecat said...

Well done for making the decision, but I will miss this blog too. That computer really can suck the time away that's for sure.

Best of luck with your new endeavours!

little love said...

Oh no! I'm going to miss your blog! Good luck with all of your new endeavours!

veronica said...

oh dear.this is a bit sad!
but as long as you promise to be over at tumblr i won't be tooooo upset.
xx

PlanningQueen said...

Decisions like these are tough and you have made it with grace. Good luck with your new ventures.

this jen day said...

Oh, sad! But you have to do what you have to do. We'll miss you :) Jenx

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs