Friday, February 27, 2009

Everybody dance now!

I love music and I love dancing. Yes, I think I can dance. And so do my kids. And that's good enough for me.
I usually try and avoid "kid" music like the plague though. I'm sorry but every time I hear The Wiggles I can't help but sick up in my mouth a little. Maybe that's because before they were The Wiggles they were The Cockroaches and played at my uni every other Friday night and I was probably upchucking cheap white wine as they rocked on.
I like to let my kids listen to a variety of music, from classical to country to rock to pop to folk... you get the idea, we love all genres. Our son loves the happy beats of pop music but I do feel compelled to screen as he picks up the lyrics pretty quickly. There was the Groove Armada incident... thankfully he heard "I see ya baby, shake it oh yes" instead of "shakin' that arse". I guess it could have been a lot worse considering some of the "colourful" lyrics these days.
So Jitterbug music makes everyone in our house happy.
The kids get to sing and bop along to cool yet appropriate tunes and I don't have to swallow my own puke. The site is run by a couple of hip parents who hand pick and showcase tunes from independent funksters. It's the best spot to get to know the latest "Kindie" artists before you fork out for the album. I love to let Jitterbug radio play while we do homework, baking and playing to see what the kids naturally rock along to.

Here's our son's fave dance-off song (discovered through Jitterbug) this week:



What do your kids love dancing and singing along to?

Have a beautiful weekend everyone and drop in to my blog next week. I'll be revealing my Autumn recipes (I'm almost done collating) and have a lovely giveaway planned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute song. I have 4 kids under 6 and they all love to dance. They really like Justine Clarke from Play School.

Anonymous said...

we are listening to a lot of Beatles in our house. Needless to say Yellow Sub is a BIG hit

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs