Friday, March 27, 2009

Let them go wild

Oh my, I had started to think this movie would never see the light of day.
A lot of it was actually shot in Australia and I remember when filming started back in 2006. At the time I lamented that our son may be too young for a cinema viewing.
But now, here comes the big screen Dave Eggers penned, Spike Jonze directed adaptation of Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are. It's due to release here later this year around our little man's 6th birthday. Perfect. I can't wait to take him to see it.
It looks magical, a little bit NeverEnding Story in fact (and a tad scary — but to have it any other way would be lame). Take a look at the trailer for yourself. I got a lil teary; in a happy, moved-deep-in-my-heart way.




And that song. So perfect. So moving. Here's an amazing live version featuring David Bowie. Again. Tears.



If you need any more inspiration on this lovely day, check out Dave Eggers' brilliant TED talk about schools, creativity, homework, writing and going one on one to make a difference to kids' education and lives. I want to go live in his tutoring centre.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that dave eggers talk was so good. thanks for the link. Cath xxx

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs