Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I spy with my little eye :: get your activity on

There are sooooo many great ideas out there we want to try. Here's a few on our current "do it" list:
:: Storytelling stones are the flavour flave of the blog world at the moment and we're busy collecting to make a set for some outdoor Spring time play.

These are from Amy at Sweet Sweet Life. Too. cute. clever. lady.
Check these links for tutes and inspiration too:
red bird crafts
maya*made

:: And while we are collecting suitable stones for that project we're also looking for little pebbles for this one:

Alphabet pebble magnets from the amazing Playful Learning.

:: Okay so I may not understand what she is saying but I really enjoy the pictures and ideas on this blog. I'm feeling this felt car mat in a big way and am thinking I could really go to town and bling it up big time (I promise to share if I pull my finger out on this one).


:: This little study centre over at FamilyFun reminded me that I had bookmarked the same idea over at Martha quite some time ago. I think it's time this mama rocked it for our little homework-beaver. Actually I could use one of these to hide behind when I'm laptoping.


:: And this fairy furniture from Monkey Lobster is just the freakin bees knees, no? The littles (not to mention the fairy folk) are going to go nuts and this mama may just pass out from the cuteness of it all!

Right-o then, best be off to make some of this magic actually happen in real life. Have you got any fun projects on the boil at your place? Feel free to share your links x

7 comments:

Ems said...

I dig the rock thing too!!! We have just purchased some Klutz craft books and one of them is rock painting. There are some really great ideas and it comes with paint, brush, google eyes and a rock. We are planning on hitting the beach this weekend to collect some more so we can start painting.
I also got a paper flower book which my daughter adores. I picked up a quilting one for this mama to finally learn the easy way!

admin said...

what amazing finds!! there are just not enough hours in the day....'sigh'!!!

Leptir (NataĊĦa) said...

Hi! Your blog is sooooo interesting! You have so many SUPER ideas in one place. I'll use some of your ideas with kids in my classroom.

Michelle said...

The felt car mat is a brilliant idea! I will definitely give one a go with my 4yo... get some different coloured felt and make a whole felt neighbourhood or city around the road. Fun! Thanks for sharing.

mum space said...

I'm hearing you Michelle. Sounds great. Make sure you show us some pics x

Cathie said...

they are fantastic! I especially love the stones. thanks for the gorgeous links :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I love these ideas I cant wait to try them ...well a few at least

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs