Monday, May 4, 2009

WIN! This is your life... baby

Digital cameras are ace aren't they? You can easily take 100 snaps of your sleeping baby in a matter of minutes. Then you download them all and have well meaning plans to compile a baby book with all the details of every little gurgle and smile.
Next thing you know the nappies are a distant memory and you’re looking through the lens at a little person top-to-toe in school uniform. Click, click, click… that’s another 50 shots for (ahem) the baby book… I don’t know about you but a five-year backlog is looking a little beyond me. Or at least I thought it was until I discovered Laikonik’s Once-A-Year Books.

Artist Kasia Jacquot has really nailed the keepsake album with this clever idea. These gorgeous photo albums are designed to hold one photo per year of your child from birth through to 18 years of age. And there’s room opposite each photo page for you to record achievements, milestones and perhaps an unforgettable quote.
The albums are handmade by Kasia and come in a lovely felt bag. A lovely and unique touch is that the books fold out concertina style so you can really get a sense of the story of your child’s life and can watch them grow over and over and over again.

And guess what? Because Kasia is as lovely as her designs she is giving away a personalised Once-A-Year Book to a very lucky {mum space} reader. All you have to do is leave a comment below to be in the running to win. Competition closes this coming Saturday, May 9 at 10pm AEST.

17 comments:

Ems said...

What a wonderfully time saving idea!!! It would also be a wonderful gift. I have 6 of my closest friends and family having babies this year and would love to give one to a special person.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful idea.. to be able to fold it out and see the child you have created blossom from year to year would be an amazing thing to have to hold close to our hearts

Anonymous said...

This sounds like exactly what I need to kick-start the long overdue organisation of my baby pics, which has doubled since the arrival of #2!!
Freja

Anonymous said...

This sounds like exactly what I need to kick-start the long overdue organisation of my baby pics, which has doubled since the arrival of #2!!
Freja

Anonymous said...

This sounds like exactly what I need to kick-start the long overdue organisation of my baby pics, which has doubled since the arrival of #2!!
Freja

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! I have sooooo many pics of my kids that I have been meaning to sort out.
Jessica

Kirstie said...

Thankyou for another lovely giveaway, I love coming to visit your blog each day. These look so beautiful -- I would love to fill one with the story of our little girl.

Anonymous said...

Just adorable!
Allison xo

Claire said...

What a fantastic idea - and so beautifully designed! With our first baby due in 3 weeks, this would be a great way to commence our baby's life story.

Anonymous said...

I have always been making to make photo books but its something that always gets put off for another time. This would solve my problem! Lara

Anonymous said...

I would love to be in the draw to win this beautiful prize--thankyou, Dee.

Samantha said...

What a gorgeous prize!! I love the pictures and the protective bag. This would keep forever.

Camille said...

This is a wonderful gift idea for a new baby especially being so beautifully presented. I just love the simpleness of the idea, much better for the time poor new parent than the essay to a page baby keepsake books!

Alexia said...

Gorgeous!!! I would love one!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea but it's going to be hard to choose just one picture a year!!! Cassie

Rachel said...

I'm expecting my 4TH baby and I really need something simple like this as the BIG box of photos have never made it into albums.

Mindy said...

Very Sweet

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs